Winefred Agyeman: WOMEN EMPOWERMENT THROUGH CLEAN TECH IN N. GHANA
Connect me to Winefred Agyeman
To improve the quality of life of 50% of the women population in rural areas by 2020 through biogas production and ultimately reducing biomass resource depletion as well as green house gas emission.
• To facilitate the construction and operation of 10,000 biogas digesters.
• To reduce 85% of time spent in collecting biomass/firewood by women.
• To increase knowledge about domestic biogas technology in order to effectively exploit all the benefits and to ensure sustainability.
• To provide the skills for business people to run biogas SMEs and for biogas users to be able to operate their digesters effectively.
• To lower the financial threshold and improve access to credit and repayment assistance, to facilitate easier access to domestic biogas for all potential rural communities, with particular emphasis on women.
• To increase access to clean energy for cooking, increased availability of fertilizer; reduced use of fuel wood; improve sanitation resulting from the proper disposal of animal and kitchen waste.